PLUS: Forbes Under 30 Music Festival Featuring Grammy-Nominated Musicians Jack Harlow and Kevin Garrett
NEW YORK & DETROIT–(BUSINESS WIRE)–#Forbes–Forbes today announced its upcoming flagship Under 30 Summit, presented by Rocket Mortgage, will return in-person to Detroit, taking place October 10-12, 2021 at the historic Detroit Opera House.
This intimate event will be taking place in-person exclusively for Under 30 list makers and virtually for a broader audience on October 11 – 12. The Summit will safely bring together the best minds across industries, venture capitalism, public policy and more to learn, network, collaborate, recruit and exchange ideas.
The Under 30 Summit is a key component of Forbes’ yearlong 10th anniversary celebration of Under 30 that started with the launch of the 2021 30 Under 30 list. Focusing on the theme “Decade of Disruption,” the event will assemble a dynamic roster of leaders, entrepreneurs and Under 30 Listers past and present. The event will shine a spotlight on some of the biggest innovators of the last decade and explore what the future has in store as we enter a brand-new era.
Feature events at the Forbes Under 30 Summit in Detroit include:
- Forbes Under 30 Music Festival, a tradition which will kick off the summit. Grammy-nominated musician, Jack Harlow will headline the 2021 Forbes Under 30 Music Festival, which will take place on the evening of October 10. Grammy-nominated musician, Kevin Garrett will be the show opener.
- A series of panels and keynotes. Day one will focus on discussing the most pressing issues of today and tomorrow, while day two is all about looking inward and focusing on effective company building.
- Forbes Under 30 Taste of Detroit, a street festival featuring local food, drinks and performances which will support small businesses and chefs.
- Forbes Under 30 Bar Crawl
- Virtual Service Day in partnership with Close the Gap. Forbes is joining forces with Close the Gap Foundation to launch a first-of-its-kind mentorship program that pairs first-gen, low-income (FGLI) and BIPOC students with Forbes 30 Under 30 list makers to bridge the network gap.
“As we celebrate the ten-year anniversary of the 30 Under 30 list, the Under 30 community has become a global phenomenon with more than 10,000 young entrepreneurs, leaders and innovators from around the world,” said Randall Lane, Chief Content Officer of Forbes and founder of the Under 30 Summit. “Our return to in-person events with the Under 30 Summit will spotlight Under 30 list makers, past and present, who have made a positive impact in business and society over the last decade. By hosting it in Detroit, and partnering with Rocket Mortgage, we are ready to safely celebrate a Decade of Disruption in the technology hub of the Midwest.”
The Summit follows the success of the 2021 Under 30 Summit Kickoff, the largest virtual collaborative effort of its kind, which brought together young innovators and game-changers, as well as Under 30 disruptors from the past 10 years. In returning to Detroit, Forbes will shine a light on the city’s grit, its innovative workforce and the unprecedented opportunities for entrepreneurs and investors to see the tremendous value of the tech hub of the Midwest.
“The return to Detroit for the Under 30 Summit showcases the continued partnership between Rocket Mortgage and Forbes while celebrating the disruptors within the Under 30 community,” said Jay Farner, CEO of Rocket Mortgage and Rocket Companies. “Detroit, which has changed the world with its entrepreneurial spirit, vibrant culture and extraordinary technology ecosystem, makes for an ideal location to host a gathering of the next generation of brilliant minds, visionaries and disrupters. We look forward to building on the success of the 2019 Under 30 Summit and last year’s impactful Detroit Hackathon to shine a spotlight on and benefit the city we’re so proud to call home.”
The same year Forbes debuted its inaugural Under 30 list saw Rocket Mortgage and Rocket Companies (NYSE: RKT) bring the majority of its workforce to downtown Detroit and have since grown their presence tremendously and continued to impact and disrupt through its business growth and significant investments in the local community in housing, employment and public life. The next decade looks even more promising as Rocket Mortgage further deepens its roots in the city and looks to hires more Detroiters in technology roles, bridge the digital divide and develop innovate programs that lifts its hometown. Additionally, Rocket Companies founder and Chairman Dan Gilbert this year announced a ten-year, $500 million investment into Detroit.
The 2021 Forbes Under 30 Summit event will feature key speakers, including:
- Whitney Wolfe Herde, Founder & CEO, Bumble
- Maria Sharapova, Tennis Champion, Investor and Entrepreneur
- Alexandra Cooper, Host & Executive Producer, Call Her Daddy
- John Chambers, Former Chairman & CEO, Cisco and Founder & CEO JC2 Ventures
- Alex Rodrigues, Cofounder & CEO, Embark Trucks
- Roni Frank, Cofounder & Head of Clinical Services, Talkspace
- Neil Parikh, Cofounder, Casper
- Kirsten Green, Founder & Managing Partner, Forerunner Ventures
- Harpreet Singh Rai, CEO, Oura
- Ryan Nece, Former NFL Player & Managing Director, Next Play Capital
- Ben Pasternak, Cofounder & CEO, SIMULATE
- Isabelle Kenyon, Founder & CEO, Calibrate
- Adam Sachs, Cofounder & CEO, Vicarious Surgical
- Daniella Pierson, Founder & CEO, The Newsette
- Peter Rahal, Cofounder, RXBAR
- Devon Levesque, Founder, The DML Group
- Kyle Hoff, Cofounder & CEO, Floyd
- Jim DeCicco, Cofounder & CEO, Super Coffee
- Brandon Fleming, Author and Founder & CEO, Harvard Diversity Project
- Raquel Raies, National Brand Ambassador, The Macallan
- Ann McFerran, Cofounder & CEO, Glamnetic
- Sean Henry, Founder & CEO, Stord
- Shawn Xu, Senior Associate, Floodgate
To learn more, please visit 2021 Forbes Under 30 Summit. To join the conversation on social, follow #Under30Summit.
Rocket Mortgage is the title sponsor of the 2021 Forbes Under 30 Summit. The Macallan is the presenting sponsor.
About Rocket Mortgage
Detroit-based Rocket Mortgage, the nation’s largest home mortgage lender, enables the American Dream of homeownership and financial freedom through its obsession with innovating an industry-leading, digital-driven client experience. Rocket Mortgage closed $320 billion dollars of mortgage volume across all 50 states in 2020. In late 2015, it introduced the first fully digital, completely online mortgage experience. Currently, 99% of all home loans originated by the company utilize Rocket Mortgage technology.
Rocket Mortgage moved its headquarters to downtown Detroit in 2010. Today, Rocket Mortgage and Rocket Companies employ 24,000 full-time team members nationwide. The company generates loan production from web centers located in Detroit, Cleveland and Phoenix and operates a centralized loan processing facility in Detroit. Rocket Mortgage ranked highest in the country for customer satisfaction for primary mortgage origination by J.D. Power for the past 11 consecutive years, 2010 – 2020, and also ranked highest in the country for customer satisfaction among all mortgage servicers the past eight years, 2014 – 2021.
Rocket Companies, Rocket Mortgage’s parent company, ranked #5 on Fortune’s list of the “100 Best Companies to Work For” in 2021 and has placed in the top third of the list for 18 consecutive years. For more information and company news visit www.PressRoom.RocketMortgage.com.
Forbes champions success by celebrating those who have made it, and those who aspire to make it. Forbes convenes and curates the most influential leaders and entrepreneurs who are driving change, transforming business, and making a significant impact on the world. The Forbes brand today reaches more than 150 million people worldwide through its trusted journalism, signature LIVE and Forbes Virtual events, custom marketing programs and 45 licensed local editions covering 76 countries. Forbes Media’s brand extensions include real estate, education, and financial services license agreements. For more information, visit the Forbes News Hub or Forbes Connect.