TV Guide is out with a list of the best shows on Apple TV+, Apple’s over-the-top TV and movie streaming service, that’s available on the Apple TV app on iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, iPod touch, Mac, select Samsung smart TVs, Amazon Fire TV and Roku devices, as well as at tv.apple.com, for $4.99 per month with a seven-day free trial.
The Apple TV app will be available on LG, Sony and VIZIO smart TVs later this year. For a limited time, customers who purchase a new iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Mac or iPod touch can enjoy one year of Apple TV+ for free. This special offer is good for three months after the first activation of the eligible device.
If you’re only now activating your free trial or you haven’t been paying attention since launch, you’re probably wondering which Apple TV+ originals to watch.
The good news is that Apple TV+ hasn’t pegged any genre to focus on, so it has a little bit of everything: comedy, drama, horror, Tom Hanks, and more, including arguably the best documentary film and children’s movie of the year. Apple TV+ has a ton of shows from other networks to subscribe to, but for the sake of simplicity, we’ve limited our list to the best Apple TV+ originals.
• Boys State: For fans of: Politics, Lord of the Flies, the future of America, chaos
• Dickinson: For fans of: Period pieces with anachronisms, Wiz Khalifa; Number of seasons: 2 (new episodes of Season 2 premiere each Friday, already renewed for Season 3)
• For All Mankind: For fans of: The Mercury Seven, space travel, the volatile politics of the ’60s and ’70s; Number of seasons: 1 (Season 2 coming Feb. 19)
• Little America: For fans of: The immigrant experience, anthologies, crying your eyes out in a good way; Number of seasons: 1 (renewed for Season 2, date TBD)
• The Morning Show: For fans of: The Newsroom, #MeToo, A-listers; Number of seasons: 1 (renewed for Season 2, date TBD)
• Mythic Quest: Raven’s Banquet: For fans of: Workplace comedies, the video game industry; Number of seasons: 1 (renewed for Season 2, date TBD)
• Servant: For fans of: Psychological horror from M. Night Shyamalan, babies, food; Number of seasons: 1 (Season 2 coming Jan. 15)
• Ted Lasso: For fans of: Making fun of Americans, making fun of the British, sports, feeling good; Number of seasons: 1 (renewed for Seasons 2 and 3, date TBD)
• Tiny World: For fans of: Planet Earth, adorable wittle cuddle creatures; Number of seasons: 1
• Visible: Out on Television: For fans of: The LGBTQ+ community, the progressive movement, television history
• Wolfwalkers: For fans of: The wonderful Cartoon Saloon films, wolves, Irish accents
[Thanks to MacDailyNews Reader “Fred Mertz” for the heads up.]
Apple is grossly negligent in moderating content on Apple TV+ shows. I have seen women being sexually abused, men being abused, people being murdered, swearing, rap songs glorifying sexual abuse of women. It is a hellhole of degradation. Apple is pushing all forms of human depravity. It should all be moderated and most of the content should be banned. In the meantime, I have had to drop Apple TV+ and the payment along with Apple Music which also includes tons of violent and lewd and awful music. Again, Apple fails to moderate its own content and instead spews garbage all over.
I am ending all Apple purchases until Apple starts moderating its own content and stops spewing sewage into American culture.
This content was originally published here.